What's New




Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley passed away today January 27, 2008


It is hard to believe the news we just heard of President Hinckley's passing. There was a sense of sadness that hit our hearts when we heard the news and at the same time we feel so happy for all the wonderful things President Hinckley has done for us. He is the prophet that Josh and I new the best so far in our lifetime. Josh and I have been very blessed to be close to the prophet on several occasions while working for the Church Audio Visual Department. Mainly while working the mission president seminar. Little Jackson was even able to meet President Hinckley in person this last summer, but he will never remember.

The first time Josh and I saw President Hinckley was in the conference center. We were down in the tunnel getting some info about subtitles and we heard the security guard say on his walkie talkie, "President Hinckley will be here in 10 minutes." So Josh and I hung out in the hall "pretending" to be busy. I think the security guard knew what we were doing because he gave us a silly grin. We then heard some foot steps coming down the hall and a few seconds later there was President Hinckley. Josh and I had a huge smiles and we waved hello to President Hinckley, and he smiled and waved backed. It was so neat to see President Hinckley in person. He was so full of love and his spirit radiated so strong from him. I just wanted to give him a huge hug, but I'm sure if I took any steps from him, I would be pounced immediately by a guard.

Wow, I guess President Monsen will be the next Prophet. I love this church it's so wonderful to know that this life is not the end. I'm so grateful for our Savior and all that he has done for us in making it possible for us to return to Him and our Heavenly Father. I bet President Hinckely was so happy to be reunited with his loving wife, that thought alone makes me smile.

No comments: